Quebec Experience Program (PEQ)
Immigration Company in Scarborough, Toronto
What is the Quebec Experience Program?
The Quebec Experience Program (programme de l’expérience québécoise – PEQ) is one of several immigration programs operated by the province of Quebec. PEQ is ideal for candidates with French-language proficiency who have legally acquired work experience in Quebec. PEQ is one of Quebec’s priority immigration programs, meaning that applications are processed at a much faster rate than other programs, such as Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW).
What are the requirements of the Quebec Experience Program?
Two categories of people are eligible under the Quebec Experience Class:
- Temporary workers who have a skilled job in Quebec.
- Foreign students who graduated from a recognized educational institution in Quebec or are studying towards graduating.
All PEQ applicants must meet the following general requirements for the program:
- Age: Be at least 18 years old and hold a valid passport.
- Intention: must settle in the province of Quebec.
- Residence: Have lived temporarily in Québec with the primary goal of working or studying and have respected the conditions of their stay;
- Language: Demonstrate advanced intermediate knowledge of oral French; accompanying spouses must also demonstrate knowledge of the French language
- Undertaking: Undertake to provide for their needs and, where applicable, those of their spouse or de facto spouse and dependent children included in their application for a certificat de sélection du Québec, for a minimum period of 3 months;
- Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec)