Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Immigration Firm in Scarborough, Toronto

What is an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)?

The Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is issued and required when an foreign national is traveling from a visa-exempt country. Without an eTA the foreign national cannot enter Canada. Applicants can apply for this authorization online before traveling to Canada and its valid up to 5 years. They can stay up to 6 months in Canada with an eTA. The eTA is electronically assigned to an individual's passport and if the individual is given a new passport, they would need to reapply. Please note an eTA holder does not guarantee entry to Canada.

There are exemptions for travellers/visitors to Canada who do not need an eTA:

  • Visitors arriving by land or sea
  • Permanent Residents (Permanent Resident Card holders)
  • US Citizens or US Green Card holders
  • Passenger who are in Canada for an emergency or other unforeseen circumstances


Quick Inquiry

Quick Inquiry Form

✓ Valid