Farm Investor Pathway
What is MPNP-BIE – Farm Investor Pathway?
The MPNP – Business Investor Stream (BIS) – Farm Investor Pathway (FIP) is for individuals with proven farm business experience, sufficient available capital to invest, and who intent to establish and operate a farm operation in rural Manitoba, producing primary products that is consistent with the province’s current farm industry. The renewed Business Investor Stream no longer requires applicants to submit a deposit of $100,000 to the Manitoba government.
What are the requirements of the Farm Investor Pathway?
Minimum requirements include:
- The applicant must have at least 3 years farm ownership and operation experience supported by verifiable documents.
- The applicant must be able to communicate in English or French. If the applicant is invited to attend an interview of the program, the applicant will be required to conduct the interview in either French or English.
- The applicant must have net worth of at least $500, 000. The applicant’s net worth and financial information shall be verified by a designated third-party service provider.
- The applicant must invest at least $300,000. Farm business investment must be in eligible tangible assets as defined by the MPNP.
- The applicant must demonstrate adaptability, specifically relating to practical farming skills, technical knowledge and experience in technological based farming practices that will transfer directly to Manitoba’s current primary farm production industry.
- The applicant is expected to establish a farming business in rural Manitoba. A farm business plan is required.
- The applicant must conduct a Farm Business Research Visit to Manitoba.
- The applicant must live on the farm and actively manage the farm business on an ongoing basis.
- The farm business must be in active primary agriculture production and economically viable. The MPNP requires applicants to conduct value-added farm business activities in Manitoba. Purely speculative activities or the use of third-party farm managers are not eligible under the MPNP.
You must provide various documents to support your application. Springwind Immigration professional team will help you to complete the complicated application process. You can reach us by ways of: