With a population of just over 30,000 people, the Yukon labor market is in express need for foreign skilled workers to fill the high demand for skilled and semi-skilled occupations.
Immigration Consultants in Scarborough, Toronto
Springwind Immigrant are aware of your desire to build a successful business in Canada. In terms of immigration, this is combined with the requirement to choose a business program that would allow you to obtain permanent residency in Canada. Selecting the Right Business Immigration Program Can Be Challenging. Contact Us today, you will receive expert assistance on which option is right for you, it will increase your chances of visa approval by working with one of our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC). Our RCIC is licensed by the CICC to assist you by assessing your eligibility, reviewing all documentation, and submitting it to the Canadian government on your behalf.
Yukon Business Nominee Program
The Yukon Business Nominee Program allows entrepreneurs to own and operate their business in Yukon.
Candidates initially come to Yukon on a two-year work permit, before being nominated for permanent residence if they successfully establish their business.
Yukon Business Nominee Program: Requirements
- Legally-acquired net worth of at least $500,000, documented and verified by a Yukon accounting firm.
- Legally-acquired minimum of $300,000 in liquid assets, documented and verified by a Yukon accounting firm.
- Invest at least $300,000 in capital investments for the business in the first 2 years.
- This does not include any capital investments made before acceptance into the Yukon Business Nominee Program.
- Capital investments include purchases such as property or equipment. It does not include purchases such as a house, vehicles that are only partially for the business and operational or maintenance expenses.
- Score at least 65 points on the assessment grid.
- Minimum high school education. If your business requires more education, you must also provide proof of these credentials.
- At least 3 years of entrepreneurial or business management experience.
- At least 5 years work experience relevant to the business.
- Not be a refugee or have an active request for refugee status.
- Have never been denied immigration to Canada.
- Have no active applications for any other provincial or territorial nominee program;
- Intend to permanently live in Yukon;
- Agree to live in Yukon with dependents, if applicable, while managing and investing in the business.
- Hold a position within the business of National Occupational Classification 0 or A.
- Have not yet purchased or started the business in Yukon at the time application.
Yukon Business Nominee Program: Business Eligibility
The business must:
- Be a new business or a purchase of an existing Yukon business.
- Be managed by the candidate.
- Not be a passive investment.
- Belong to any of the following strategic sectors:
- Information technology
- Value-added processing
- Tourism products, attractions, services and facilities
- Mining or mineral development
- Cultural industries
- Film and video production
NOT belong to any of the following strategic sectors:
- Passive investments
- Retail, wholesale operations, distribution operations
- Financial services
- Business, consultation and personal services
- Most professional services
- Real estate
- Holding companies
- Gas stations
Yukon Business Nominee Program: Process
- Applications that meet the program’s requirements are placed in a pool of potential candidates for six months.
- Candidates selected from the pool are asked to submit documents to verify the information contained in the original application. If the application meets the eligibility requirements, candidates are invited for an in-person interview in Yukon.
- After the interview, the business proposal is assessed by Yukon officials Approved candidates will be receive support in obtaining a two-year work permit from the federal government to establish the business in Yukon.
- After two years, candidates meeting the requirements are nominated for permanent residence.