Canada Family Class Sponsorship and Family Reunification
Immigration Firm in Scarborough, Toronto
What is a Family Class and Sponsorship Application?
The family class sponsorship fulfills one of the objectives of Canadian immigtation that facilitates family reunification by permitting Canadian citizens and permanent residents at least 18 years old or older to sponsor close family members and certain relatives pursuant to A.3(d). For a specific duration, the sponsor will promise an undertaking to support their sponsored family by providing basic needs so they do not have to rely on social assistance.
Who may be Sponsored?
Canadians or Permanent Residents can sponsor anyone who are qualified under these categories:
- Spouse – Overseas, Inland, Same-Sex
- Common Law partner – (restrictions apply)
- Conjugal partner – (restrictions apply)
- Dependent children
- Parents – (Additional conditions apply)
- Grandparents – (Additional conditions apply)
- Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
Who are its Requirements?
These are general requirements for both the Sponsor and Applicant.
Spouse, Common-law, Conjugal Partner
Parents & Grandparents
Inland Spousal/Common-Law Sponsorship Work Permit
Once the spouse or common-law partner arrives in Canada and is awaiting their Permanent Resident application, they can be eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit in the meantime. The following below are the eligibility requirements.
|ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS||INELIGIBILITY FACTORS|