Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

Immigration Company in Scarborough, Toronto

What is the Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)?

A temporary resident permit allows a foreing national who is otherwise inadmissible but has a justified reason to enter Canada. Effectively a foreignational can overcome their inadmissibility only for a short while such as a week or a couple of days if granted this type of permit. They must leave Canada by the expiry date of the permit, or can get a new permit before the previous expires. For example, if a US national wants to enter Canada to attend a conference, a wedding, etc but has been convicted of a DUI they can apply for this permit.

What are the requirements of a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)?

Generally, the visa officer must be of the opinion that admission to Canada is justified under the circumstances. The officer has discretion in weighing the foreign national’s entrance and presence in Canada outweighs any risk to Canadians or Canadian society. There are other factors such as if the foreign national is criminally inadmissible. Visa Officers will determine if they are deemed and individual rehabilitated meaning at least 5 years has passed since the sentences were imposed and served.


Quick Inquiry

Quick Inquiry Form

✓ Valid