Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program (FST)
Immigration Consultants in Scarborough, Toronto
Unlike the Federal Skilled Worker (FST) program, applicants are not assessed on a points system like the points grid but have similar factors to be eligible.
- Language: CLB 5 for speaking and listening, and CLB 4 for reading and writing.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 2-years of paid full time (or equivalent amount in part-time work) with the previous 5 years under a skilled trade occupation which is classified under the National Occupation Classification (NOC) Skill Level B from the following groups:
- Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
- Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
- Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
- Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
- Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
- Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers
- Job Offer: 1 year full-time permanent position OR a certificate of qualification issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority.
- Education: There is no specific education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program, but it is a requirement for Express Entry’s Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) and will improve your rank within the Express Entry Pool.
- Settlement Funds: Proof of sufficient funds to support the applicant and any accompanying dependents. The funds are assessed according to the family size using the Low-Income Cut-Off (LICO) table found here. An applicant is exempt from this criteria if they have a valid job offer or are authorized to work in Canada (e.g Work Permit, etc)