NSNP: Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
What is Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities Stream?
The NS Labour Market Priorities Stream is targeted for candidates in the federal Express Entry system who meet provincial labour market needs. Only candidates who receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration may apply.
What are the requirements of the NS Labour Market Priorities Stream?
These are generally the requirements of this program.
- receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system;
- submit your application within 30 calendar days of the date on which your letter of interest was issued;
- meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified;
- demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia and to pay your immigration costs and travel expenses;
- have legal status in your current country of residence;
- meet eligibility criteria in place at the time you are issued a Letter of Interest (details will be explained below);
- have a valid Express Entry number and meet all IRCC criteria for the Express Entry pool.
There are specific criteria for each draw from the EE candidate’s pool. For example: Criteria for December 1, 2020, draw are as follows. Candidates must:
- have a job offer from a Nova Scotia employer for full-time skilled work in Nova Scotia that lasts at least one year after your permanent resident visa is issued (full-time means working year-round and at least 30 hours a week);
- have 1 year of skilled work experience related to the job;
- have a Canadian high school credential or equivalent;
- prove language ability in English or French at CLB 5; and
- apply no later than 11:59 p.m., Dec. 31, 2020.
Documents must be provided include:
- Copies of language tests
- Proof of education
- A job offer showing the following:
- Title and duties of the position related to the job offer
- Position NOC Code
- Annual salary
- Number of weekly hours
- Duration of job offer
- Address where you will work
- Whether the position is unionized. If yes, attach a letter indicating union concurrence.
Criteria for the January 19, 2021, draw for other financial officers are as follows. Candidates must:
Have a primary occupation of other financial officer (NOC 1114)
Provide letters of reference from employers to demonstrate that they have 4 or more years of experience in NOC 1114.
Have a CLB score of 9 or higher in English in all language
Hold a bachelor’s degree OR have completed a program of three or more years at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.
apply no later than 11:59 p.m., Feb. 18, 2021.
You and your employer must provide various documents to support your application. Springwind Immigration professional team will help you to complete the complicated application process. You can reach us by ways of: