Ontario In-Demand Skills Stream
What is the Ontario International Student Stream?
The Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) In-Demand Skills Stream is targeted for foreign workers who have a job offer in a specific in-demand occupation within Ontario, such as in agriculture, construction, trucking or personal support work. After being nominated, the applicants can apply to the federal government to become Permanent Residence. Both the applicant and employer are involved in the application process for the applicants’ Permanent Residency.
What are the requirements of the Ontario International Student Stream?
These are generally the requirements for both the applicant and the employer.
JOB OFFER REQUIREMENT
- Full time and permanent
- NOC skill level C or D
- Meet median wage level for that position in the specific region.
- Position is necessary to the Employer’s business
- Work Based in Ontario
- Work Experience: minimum 9 months of paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work) in Ontario, in same in-demand occupation under the same NOC. This work experience was gained within 3 years.
- Valid License: must have mandatory license or authorization in Ontario if applicable to the in-demand occupation.
- Language: minimum CLB 4 in English or French
- Education: minimum secondary (high school) diploma, or a foreign equivalent or higher
- Intention: must intent to live in Ontario
- Business must be active for at least 3 years.
- Business must demonstrate adequate recruitment efforts for Canadian Citizens or Permanent Resident before offering position to foreign nationals.
- a minimum of $1,000,000 in total gross annual revenue if in the GTA and $500,000 if outside
- a minimum of 5 full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents who work at the location where you will work if in the GTA and 3 if outside
You and your employer must provide various documents to support your application. Springwind Immigration professional team will help you to complete the complicated application process. You can reach us by ways of:
Phone: 1-647-869-6678 or 1-647-748-0188