Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream
What is Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream?
Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream is an immigration stream under the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP). It is targeted for foreign workers with required skilled worker experience, language abilities and education. The candidates must have a valid profile in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC’s) Express Entry system.
For the candidate selected by Ontario government, he/she will receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario. With this NOI, the candidate can apply online to be nominated by the Ontario government for permanent residence (PR). Once nominated, the candidate can apply to IRCC for the PR.
What are the requirements of the Ontario’sExpress Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream?
1. Have a valid profile in IRCC’s Express Entry System
- Answer a questionnaire designed by IRCC.
- Based on your answers in the questionnaire, the Express Entry system will indicate whether you qualify for the federal Express Entry program. If you qualify, you will be provided with a reference number.
- With the reference number, you can create an online profile in the Express Entry system. Once you create your profile, you will get an Express Entry profile number and a Job Seeker Validation Code, which will be used to apply to Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream if you receive a NOI from Ontario.
2. Meet the requirements of Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Work Experience :
- Under FSWP, you must have at least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience or the equivalent in paid part-time work in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). The work experience must have been obtained within the last five years and in the same NOC occupation as you identified in your Express Entry profile. Your work experience may be from Canada or overseas. Self-employment counts, but need sufficient support document.
- Under CEC, you must have at least one year of cumulative paid full-time experience or the equivalent in paid part-time work in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the NOC. The work experience must have been obtained in Canada while maintaining legal status, within the last three years, and in one or more of the occupations that you identified in your Express Entry profile. Please note that paid work experience gained while studying full-time does not count under CEC; self-employed work experience does not count under CEC.
Education: Bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree
Language: English or French CLB level 7 or higher
Settlement Funds: You must have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members when you settle in Canada. The funds can be a combination of your funds in bank statements, annual earnings from current employment in Ontario, and/or a job offer in Ontario.
Intention to live in Ontario: You must intent to live and work in Ontario after you are granted permanent residence.
Legal Status in Canada if applying from within Canada: At the time you apply, you must be either living in Ontario with legal status or living outside Canada
If in FSWP, 67 scores: If you choose to be assessed against FSWP, you must score at least 67 points on the six selection factors.
3. For each selection, the OINP targeted candidates within a range of a comprehensive ranking system score, and work experience in the specific NOC codes. Currently, the NOC codes are:
- 0111 – Financial managers
- 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- 1111 – Financial auditors and accountants
- 1114 – Other financial officers
- 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 3124 – Allied primary health practitioners
- 3132 – Dietitians and nutritionists
4. The Ontario government will search the Express Entry pool to find candidates who may meet the criteria of Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream. Once identified as a candidate, you will receive a NOI. After receiving the NOI, you have 45 calendar days to apply to the OINP.
The application fee
The application fee is $1500.
Note: the application fee is collected by the Government of Ontario.
You must provide various documents to support your application. Springwind Immigration professional team will help you to complete the complicated application process. You can reach us at (647) 748-0188, (647) 869-6678, or email@example.com