Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream
What is Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream?
Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream is an immigration stream under the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP). It is targeted for eligible skilled trades with Ontario work experience. The candidates must have a valid profile in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC’s) Express Entry system.
For the candidate selected by Ontario government, he/she will receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario. With this NOI, the candidate can apply online to be nominated by the Ontario government for permanent residence (PR). Once nominated, the candidate can apply to IRCC for the PR.
What are the requirements of the Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trade Stream?
1. Have a valid profile in IRCC’s Express Entry System
- Answer a questionnaire designed by IRCC.
- Based on your answers in the questionnaire, the Express Entry system will indicate whether you qualify for the federal Express Entry program. If you qualify, you will be provided with a reference number.
- With the reference number, you can create an online profile in the Express Entry system. Once you create your profile, you will get an Express Entry profile number and a Job Seeker Validation Code, which will be used to apply to Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream if you receive a NOI from Ontario.
2. Meet the following requirements
Work Experience: Must have at least one year of cumulative paid full-time work experience or the equivalent in paid part-time work in Ontario in a skilled trade that is list in Minor Group 633 or Major Groups 72, 73, or 82 of the NOC.The work experience must have been obtained within the last two years and is in one or more of the occupations that you identified in your Express Entry profile. You must have legal status in Canada while you gain the work experience.
Valid Certificate or licence (if applicable): If the work experience is in a compulsory trade, you must have a valid certificate or licence in Ontario.
Current residence in Ontario and legal status in Canada: You must be living in Ontario and hold a valid work permit at the time you apply.
Language: English or French CLB level 5 or higher
Settlement Funds: You must have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members when you settle in Canada. The funds can be a combination of your funds in bank statements, annual earnings from current employment in Ontario, and/or a job offer in Ontario.
Intention to live in Ontario: You must intent to live and work in Ontario after you are granted permanent residence.
3. For each selection, the OINP targeted candidates within a range of a comprehensive ranking system score, and work experience in the specific skilled trade NOC codes
4. The Ontario government will search the Express Entry pool to find candidates who may meet the criteria of Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream. Once identified as a candidate, you will receive a NOI. After receiving the NOI, you have 45 calendar days to apply to the OINP.
The application fee
The application fee is $1500.
Note: the application fee is collected by the Government of Ontario.
You must provide various documents to support your application. Springwind Immigration professional team will help you to complete the complicated application process. You can reach us at (647) 748-0188, (647) 869-6678, or firstname.lastname@example.org