Work Permit Stream
What is Work Permit Stream?
The PEI PNP- Work Permit Stream is for foreign nationals with business ownership or extensive management experience who would like to move to PEI to start their business, and eventually become a permanent resident. The applicant will come to PEI on a work permit and operates a business for a minimum of one year prior to receiving a nomination for permanent residency.
After September 20, 2018, the province of PEI closed the previous 100% Ownership and Partial Ownership streams. Now, PEI has only one pathway for entrepreneurs through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) – the Work Permit Stream.
What are the requirements of the PEI PNP Work Permit Stream?
These are generally the requirements of this program.
- have a minimum verifiable personal net worth of $600,000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources in your own right;
- have a minimum education of secondary school equivalent;
- be within 21-59 years of age at the time of application;
- have transferable management skills and past employment or business ownership experience;
- meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB/NCLC 4;
- intend to live and work in PEI while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of your PEI-based company;
- Attend an interview with staff from the Office of Immigration;
- Meet the terms and conditions of the Performance Agreement signed with the Office of Immigration.
- Create an Expression of Interest (EOI);
- Get Invitation to Apply from the monthly provincial draw;
- Get Work Permit Support Letter from the PEI office of Immigration;
- Submit Work Permit Application to Federal IRCC;
- After Work Permit is issued, applicant arrives in PEI;
- Applicant must reside and operate business for a minimum of 12 months in PEI.
- Once conditions of Performance Agreement are met, applicant submits application for nomination.
- After getting the PEI nomination, the applicant submits Permanent Resident Application to IRCC. If approved, the applicant receives Permanent Residency.
You must provide various documents to support your application. Springwind Immigration professional team will help you to complete the complicated application process. You can reach us by ways of: