Immigration Firm in Scarborough, Toronto
What are Intra-Company Transferees?
Foreign workers who are employed by a parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate in Canada can obtain a Employer-Specific Work Permit. This application enables foreign nationals who are employees of a multinational company to transfer their employment in Canada. They may be exempted from obtaining an Labour Market Assessment (LMIA).
What are the general requirements for Intra-Company Transferees?
- Employee is coming to Canada for a temporary period only;
- Employee must be employed by a multinational company seeking to work in a subsidiary, a branch, or an affiliate in Canada
- Employee’s period of work in Canada is a minimum range of 18 to 24 months
- Employee is being transferred to a position in an executive, senior managerial, or specialized knowledge capacity
- Employee must have been employed with the company for at least 12 months within the previous 3 years