Visit Canada

Immigration Firm in Scarborough, Toronto

Find out what you need to travel, visit family and friends, and how to extend your stay. If you plan to travel to Canada, you need a valid entry document, such as a visitor visa (Temporary Resident Visa) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), to come to Canada.

What is an E-Travel Authorization (ETA)?

- For visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada via air, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is required. An electronic travel authorization (eTA) is linked to a traveler's passport. It's good for five years or until your passport runs out, whichever comes first. You'll need a new eTA if you receive a new passport.
- You can travel to Canada as often as you wish for short visits if you have a valid eTA (normally for up to six months at a time). An eTA is not required for travel within Canada.
- An eTA does not guarantee entrance to Canada. A border services officer will ask to see your passport and other documentation when you arrive. You must persuade the officer that you are qualified to enter Canada.

Who needs an eTA to travel to Canada?

  • Visa-exempt foreign nationals.
  • Citizens from select visa-required countries may be eligible to apply for an eTA, instead of a visa, to travel to Canada by air.

The following individuals are exempt from the eTA requirement:

  • Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, hold a valid Canadian passport or U.S. passport.
  • Canadian permanent residents hold a valid permanent resident card or permanent resident travel document.
  • Lawful permanent residents of the United States who hold valid status in the U.S.

What is a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)?

A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), commonly known as a visitor visa, is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office and placed in your passport to demonstrate that you have completed the requirements for temporary residency in Canada (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).

Single Entry (TRV)
  • Allows travel to and from Canada one time only
  • Allows holders to remain inside Canada for up to 6 months before they need to leave or apply for an extension
  • An applicant can be invited by anyone
Multiple Entry (TRV)
  • Allows only one trip to and from Canada.
  • Allows holders to stay in Canada for up to 6 months before leaving or applying for an extension.
  • Applicants can be invited by anyone
  • Allows for a maximum of ten years of travel to and from Canada.
  • Allows holders to stay in Canada for up to 5 years before leaving or applying for an extension.
  • Applicants must be invited by a child or grandchild of a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident who meets the income standards.
  • As part of the application package, the applicant must provide proof of private medical insurance in Canada.


What are the requirements for obtaining a TRV?

  • satisfy an officer that you intend to depart Canada at the end of your stay
  • prove that you have enough money to support yourself and your family in Canada and return home
  • do not intend to work or study in Canada unless you have been granted permission to do so.
  • be law abiding and have no criminal record, pose no threat to Canada's security, give any further documentation needed by the officer to prove your admissibility, and be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).

Plan your visit

Take advantage of a range of services and facilities available to help you make the most of your stay in Canada

  • Our affiliated company Springwind Tourism will provide comprehensive and thoughtful one-stop settlement services. This includes booking your flight ticket and hotels, airport pick-up, sightseeing, shopping guide, arranging host stay and guidance, moving help and applying for various government documents. The professional drivers and tourism guide team will welcome you at any place at any time, so that you can enjoy the peace of mind in your journey to Canada. For more information, please visit the Springwind Tourism
  • Short-term winter camps and summer camps can be arranged to let you experience the short-term study abroad and learn about Canada's education system.
  • Visa for Student

    A Canada Student Visa authorizes the holder to begin their studies in Canada. The student visa is the same as the Canada Visitor Visa or the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), except the student must also have a study permit.

    Read More

  • Visa for Worker

    Foreign workers who need Canada Visitor Visa or the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, they must also have a work permit.


    Read More

  • Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents

    It allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents visit their families in Canada. There are specific requirements, including the need for medical insurance.


    Read More