Investment/ Entrepreneur Immigration
Investor/ Entrepreneur Immigration Programs
Our team of licensed immigration consultants, lawyers, and business intelligence experts offers a one-stop solution for start-ups, entrepreneurs and immigrant investors seeking to establish their businesses in Canada. We work with businesses and individuals across all industries, and of all business types, ranging from large, multinational companies to independent entrepreneurs. Our business intelligence experts can help you prepare business plans and expansion strategies to guide your new business to profitability. Our immigration consultants and lawyers will navigate you through complex corporate and immigration laws, help your business relocate and incorporate, and help you or your foreign employees to obtain work permits and permanent residence.
Start -Up Visa Program
Canada’s Start-up Visa Program helps immigrant entrepreneurs to establish businesses in Canada by allowing foreign business owners and their families to apply for permanent resident status. While waiting for their permanent residence, foreign entrepreneurs who have applied to the Start-Up Visa Program are eligible for a temporary work permit, allowing them to travel to Canada to launch their business.
This program applies to entrepreneurs who want to start a business that:
- Is innovative
- Can create jobs for Canadians
- Can be internationally competitive
- Requires no minimum investment In order to be eligible, applicants for a Start-Up Visa must meet the following requirements:
- Prove your business is supported through a designated organization - Show your business meets ownership requirements
- Meet minimum language requirements in English or French (CLB 5 in all abilities) - Have enough funds to settle in Canada
- Plan to settle in a province other than the Province of Quebec - Pass Canadian security and medical clearances
- No more than five foreign nationals may apply for permanent residence as part of the same business venture under the Start-Up Visa Program.
OINP Entrepreneur Stream
The Entrepreneur Stream is an immigration stream under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). This stream is for entrepreneurs from outside of Canada interested in starting a new business or buying an existing business in Ontario. Applicants who have applied to the stream are eligible for a temporary work permit, allowing them to travel to Canada to launch their business. It also gives an entrepreneur (and up to one foreign national business partner) the opportunity to be nominated for permanent residence once their business has been established in Ontario.
Saskatchewan Entrepreneur Stream
The Saskatchewan Entrepreneur Stream provides a route to Canadian immigration for individuals and families who want to start, purchase, or partner in a business in Saskatchewan. Applicants who have applied to the stream are eligible for a temporary work permit, allowing them to travel to Canada to launch their business. Once the business has been running successfully for six months, the candidate may then apply for provincial nomination and subsequently for Canadian permanent resident status.
MPNP Business Invest or Stream
The Business Investor Stream (BIS) allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate qualified business investors and entrepreneurs from around the world who have the intent and ability to start or purchase businesses in Manitoba.
There are two pathways:
- The Entrepreneur Pathway: for applicants seeking to open a business in Manitoba
- The Farm Investor Pathway: for those intending to establish and operate a farm operation in rural Manitoba.
Entrepreneur Pathway The Pathway allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate qualified business people from around the world who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish, purchase a business or become partners in an existing business within the first 24 months of arrival in Canada on a temporary work permit.
Farm Invest or Pathway The Pathway is for individuals with proven farm business experience, sufficient available capital to invest, and who intend to establish and operate a farm operation in rural Manitoba. It is expected that successful applicants of the FIP will establish a farm business in rural Manitoba producing primary products that is consistent with the province’s current farm industry.